Why Should You Hire a Professional Wedding Photographer?
Updated: Aug 8, 2020
To any of you newly engaged couples out there- I know how overwhelming it is to plan a wedding- even a small one. I was in your shoes 4 years ago, and it can become stressful very quickly. But, with the right team around you and knowing what to ask and look for, it can make planning way easier and a lot more fun! Now, some of you may already know that you are definitely going to be hiring a professional photographer for your big day(so you can skip to my next blog post). If you're on the fence about spending so much money on photos- here are some reasons why you should consider it.
1. THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE DAYS OF YOUR LIVES!!!!! Take it from me- the day goes by in a blink of an eye and there are so many little moments that you may not have seen or even remember if it wasn't due to capturing it in a beautiful photo.
2. Experience- Uh oh, it's raining on your wedding day, or the lighting in the reception hall is so dark you can barley see! As professionals, we have solutions to problems such as these. A lot of people also don't realize how physically and mentally challenging photographing a wedding can be, but with experience we know what we are in for.
3. Planning and organizing- we are your second wedding planner. Our job is to help organize the day to help capture those special moments and also by letting everyone know what to do and when to do it while having fun!
4. So you have a friend who wants to shoot the wedding for free- That's great, but here are a few reasons you may want to think twice. The obvious reason is if they don't have the correct gear and experience and your photos could turn out horrible. Besides that you want them to be able to enjoy the day like every other guest. There is also the possibility of it placing a strain on your relationship, say if the photos do not turn out, or if you have to wait 10 months to get them back.
5. Commitment- we sign a contract to you and your day, which means that from start to finish, we are there for your day and getting your beautiful photos is a priority.
6. Work flow and timeliness- We have our workflow down, and that's why I can get your photos to you within 4 or less weeks after your wedding day!
7. Professional gear- We have invested thousands of dollars in our cameras, lenses, lighting gear etc. that makes professional photos look well- professional! Check out some of my photos below taken with several different lenses.
8. Professional editing programs- We have experience using professional editing software such as Lightroom and Photoshop, which again make the photos look professional.
9. We love what we do and have a passion for it! I really do and that passion for wedding photography makes my want to make your day, experience and photos the best.
10. It costs money for a reason- The photographers experience, time spent booking, conceptualizing, preparing, photographing, editing, distributing, following up with emails, phone calls etc, traveling, buying and renting gear,running a business, continuing education,marketing etc. This is what makes us a professional.
Be sure to check out my next blog about helpful tips for making your wedding day photos a success.
I have posted some wedding photos below, with some helpful explanations about why it's important to have a professional get these photos.