5 Reasons You Should Consider a Backyard Wedding
I love living in Southern Oregon! Photographing weddings always takes me to magical places tucked away in the hills and forests. Savannah and Joseph were married on her Aunt's property in Gold Hill. Not only was her aunty married there, but so was her mother. And, what a spectacular and special spot! Tucked away on the top of the hillside was a little piece of forest paradise. The reception also took place on property and the bride's father bbq'd up an incredible feast for everyone. Congratulations Savannah and Joseph!!!
Backyard weddings really gained popularity during the Covid Pandemic. Here are some reasons to have your wedding at a private property instead of a venue:
1. Cost Savings: The most obvious reason is the amount of money you will save. Most venues cost anywhere from $2000-$20,000. Of course, there are usually other parts of your day that are included in the venue cost such as decorations and set up/tear down, so you have to consider this as well.
2. Memories: Just like the wedding featured in this article, the property may hold a special meaning to you already. If you get married there, it will become an even more memorable and cherished place.
3. Beauty: There are some absolutely stunning pieces of property in Southern Oregon to hold a wedding. From old farms to private vineyards and river side locations you can't go wrong.
4. No cutoff time: You can party all night if there are no nearby neighbors. This allows you and your guests to not stress about having to wrap up the party early. Want to end the night roasting marshmallows over the fire pit or a late night river swim? This could be an easier possibility on private property and add something unique to your day.
5. Getting ready space: You have getting ready space built in with separate bedrooms or outbuildings. This could be another cost savings for you.
Here are some other beautiful backyard weddings I have shot over the years:
Cake and cake pops: Cakes By Sheri
Bridal bouquet: Rogue River Country Florist